Windows Network Engineer
The successful candidate will possess a superior background in the following areas.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain client networking environments by designing system configuration; planning, directing, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Perform hands on network infrastructure installation and updates for new and existing clients.
- Configuration and maintenance of routers, firewalls, switches, and related hardware, software, and services.
- Maintain client network environments following best practices for the update and support of all server software and network appliances.
- Innovation of networking infrastructure design for small to medium sizes clients.
- Present technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of management styles.
- Provide customer first support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to deploy Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2
- Exchange Server, Office 365
- Ability to troubleshoot and deploy Hyper-V, XenServer and VMware
- Ability to deploy and troubleshoot routers, VLANs and VPNs
- Group Policy, Active Directory, and ActiveSync
- Additional software support: Sharepoint, ArcServe, Symantec
- Solid understanding of anti-virus and various on premise and cloud backup solutions
- Cisco, Untangle and other firewalls; VPN environments with multiple locations
- Solid understanding of network topologies
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role providing network engineer and administration support to clients on a consulting basis
- Deep understanding of networking protocols
- Demonstrate ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to independently analyze problems and provide workable solutions
- Requires the ability to follow instructions and have an attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to drive to client sites on occasion to perform assigned tasks
- Works effectively in a team environment and encourages the sharing of knowledge amongst team members
- Health Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) pension plan
- Paid Holidays and vacations
- Paid training
- Hourly wage based on experience
- Performance based bonus program